2007 Chrysler Sebring: My Take

2007chryslersebringfront

Last month I got some brief seat time in the same Chrysler Sebring test vehicle Mike Hanley just reviewed over on the main Cars.com site. It’s amazing how much I agree with him on almost every aspect of the new midsize sedan. Unfortunately for Chrysler, this vehicle just can’t compete with what’s already on the market. Even the Ford Fusion tops it in style points, let alone the superior competition in every department from the Camry and Accord. 

What did I like? Honestly? Only the exterior surprised me. The black paint looked lighter, almost a dark gray — it sparkled brightly in the sunlight. Its name is Brilliant Black Pearl, but I wouldn’t say it’s a pure black at all. The dark color also hid some of the unsightly lines the car’s designers decided to add to the side, hood and trunk. Perhaps in this hue the design could grow on me, but I doubt it.

2007chryslersebringprofile

On the road, Mike again was dead on; the Sebring is cushy. It’s ride is so much like a Lincoln Town Car I’d recommend it to my grandparents instantly. However, the cramped front seats probably would turn them off. Around-town traveling was effortless, and the four-cylinder was on par with others in its class, like the Ford Fusion.

2007chryslersebringinterior_1

The style inside was intriguing, with lots of strange shapes for the center console and steering wheel. It definitely had a retro, 1920s vibe to it. Again, like Mike points out, the poor quality of the actual materials led to the cabin failing as a place I’d want to be for even a short commute. While Chrysler has pulled off some superior products in some segments lately, like the new Jeep Wrangler and Dodge Nitro, the Sebring is a stark disappointment.



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий