1965 Volkswagen Transporter Walk-Through Panel Van [Down On The Street]

Welcome to Down On The Street, where we admire old vehicles found parked on the streets of the Island That Rust Forgot: Alameda, California. I know what many of you DOTS aficionados are saying now. You're saying "Hey, didn't we just have an old VW bus a mere two Truck Mondays ago? What about that '78 Power Wagon we still haven't seen?" However, the VW geeks out there are saying "Oooooh! The doors!" Yes, this here Alameda Transporter has the rare and sought-after "walk-through" double door setup, which means we're doing VWs for two of the last three Truck Mondays.



I found this bus in the same neighborhood as the incredibly low Transporter, but I'm pretty sure it's not owned by the same guy. For one thing, it could still be lowered another few inches and- theoretically- be driven; the Low VW Guy probably gets vertigo when driving a vehicle at such high altitudes. Some bodywork might be a good idea, but overall it seems quite solid.


Once again, my lack of Transporter expertise means I need to grab a model year at random from a possible range. I can tell we're looking at a 1963-67 here, so I'm picking the middle year from that range. VW experts, help me out here!




First 350 DOTS VehiclesDOTS FAQ



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий